TEACHER/PARENT GUIDE TO DISTANCE LEARNING
MEEKER HIGH/MIDDLE SCHOOL
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
- The purpose of this guide is to provide answers in the event we are required to go to distance learning school-wide.
- The goal is to maintain academic rigor through an online curriculum, virtual teacher meetings, and digital collaboration among students.
- Distance learning will look different than the spring of 2020. Assignments will begin immediately and grades will be taken as normal. Every teacher and student has access to Apex (online curriculum) and will be expected to use it. Google Classroom will also be used to supplement assignments and provide a place for student discussion.
- HS/MS Students will be required to complete all assignments given by their teachers in Apex (online curriculum), google classroom, and google meet or zoom.
- Students should expect to follow their current class schedule at home and log into those classes during the normal bell schedule.
- Teachers will be required to work from their classroom and follow a normal bell schedule. Students will need to log in to google meet or zoom to be counted present.
- Each student should have a device either checked out from the school or their own. Wifi hotspots are available to students that qualify. Please contact the office for more information.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY STUDENT’S TEACHER
- Teachers will report to their classroom each day and follow the same class hours as a traditional day. Students can contact their teacher through Google Meet/Zoom, email, or call the school office.
BLENDED LEARNING ACADEMY/ ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION PROGRAM
- The MEC will continue just as they have been. If you have any questions about your students in these programs please contact Virginia Pritchard (HS) at or Charles Robertson (MS)
HOW DO I GET PERSONAL BELONGINGS FROM THE SCHOOL
- In the need to retrieve personal belongings from school, please contact the office and we can make arrangements. We encourage students to take all valuable items home each night. We will not do a school-wide locker cleanout, if we are only out for a few weeks. We will also have students clean out lockers before each major break.
PARENT/STUDENT GUIDE MEAL OPTIONS
- Meals will be served every Monday for the entire week at the HS Cafeteria for any student or child age 18 and under, free of charge. The pickup is in front of the cafeteria from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Please stay in your car and a staff member will distribute the meals.
- If you have any questions or concerns please call the High/Middle School office at (405) 788-4540 Monday - Friday from 8:05 AM - 3:45 PM. ● You may also email: Brad Buxton, HS/MS Principal at email@example.com or Virgil Fowler, MS Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org